Community engagement is essential for the successful development of the Indigenous Fire Marshal Office. There will be 13 engagement sessions held this year:
5 Technical Sessions: These summer sessions are intended for established First Nations support organizations with some existing fire knowledge.
- July 30, Saskatoon SK – COMPLETED
- August 1, Edmonton AB – COMPLETED
- August 16, Eskasoni NS – COMPLETED
- August 27, Quebec City QC
- August 29, Thunder Bay ON
8 Community Sessions: These fall sessions will confirm the findings from the technical sessions and are intended for community Chiefs and leadership.
- October 17, Moncton NB
- October 22, Quebec City QC
- October 24, Thunder Bay ON
- October 29, Winnipeg MB
- November 5, Saskatoon SK
- November 7, Edmonton AB
- November 19, Prince George BC
- November 21, Nanaimo BC