An Indigenous Fire Marshal Office
The development of an Indigenous Fire Marshal Office (IFMO) is a project being undertaken by the Aboriginal Firefighters Association of Canada (AFAC) to support the development of community capacity for safer and healthy Indigenous communities.
The project has the following objectives to serve the goal of building healthy and safe Indigenous communities:
- Secure new funding for required capacity to develop and operate the IFMO.
- Collaborate with existing Indigenous fire and emergency services.
- Engage with Indigenous communities to help define the IFMO.
- Design programs and services to build and maintain capacity within Indigenous communities.
- Address identified gaps in Indigenous fire service.