An Indigenous Fire Marshal Office
The development of an Indigenous Fire Marshal Office (IFMO) is a project being undertaken by the Aboriginal Firefighters Association of Canada (AFAC) as a service being provided to First Nations communities by First Nations communities. The project has the following objectives to serve the goal of building healthy and safe First Nations communities:
- Secure new funding for required capacity to develop and operate the IFMO.
- Collaborate with existing First Nations fire and emergency services.
- Engage with First Nations communities to help define the IFMO.
- Design programs and services to build and maintain capacity within First Nations communities.
- Address identified gaps in First Nations fire service.